The West of England Game Fair – the first major game fair of the year – the best in the West
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th March 2016 – the 20th anniversary year!
The West of England Game Fair is an important countryside event, supported by the British Association for Shooting & Conservation (BASC) and The Countryman’s Weekly. It will celebrate twenty years of entertaining the public and creating a platform for countryside traditions and issues to be promoted and supported.
Great for field sports: Shooting, fishing and gun dogs. Also a large array of country food, local producers and a Game Cookery Theatre
Make sure that you sign up for our e-newsletter (which you can do at the bottom of the page) to receive all the latest information on ticket discounts, demonstrations and shopping offers
- Fantastic gun companies already booked to attend the show
- Bristol Clay Shooting providing a 50 clay trophy competition shoot – open, ladies and juniors plus have-a-go stand
- BASC Shotgun coaching
- BASC Air Rifles – have-a-go and coaching
- National Target Sports Association
- Gun dog training demonstrations with Gamegoer Gundogs, gun dog products and accessories available to buy
- Terrier Show, terrier racing (both days). Booking starts at 9.am after the show opens Click for Terrier Show schedule
- Lurcher Show and Lurcher Racing (both days). Booking starts 9am after the show opens Click for Lurcher Show schedule
- Lurcher coursing (both days) – booking 9am after the show opens
- Whippet Racing (Sunday only – booking 9am after the show opens)
- Family Dog Show. Click for Family dog show schedule
- BASC Gundog Scurries: Obstacles (Bales); Long retrieve; Pick & Mix and Multi Pick up
- Gundog Tests with Martin Love and Martin Harris (M & M Gundog Training) for Retrievers and Spaniels. Can be used as a training exercise or competition
- Gundog Parade: Amazing selection of gundog breeds displayed to music
- Fishing area in the Edmund Rack Pavilion (supported by Chevron Hackles). Plenty of fishing equipment and accessories to buy and experts to ask advice
- Hywel Morgan Fly Casting demonstrations and advice
- Fly Casting competition and have-a-go fly tying
And much more…!
- Vintage vehicles – go back in time and see fabulously restored tractors, engines and farming equipment. Click here to enter your vintage tractor, engine or vehicle
- Ben Long Falconry demonstrations and static display area: to include Harris Hawk, redtailed buzzard, Peregrine, American Kestrel and owls
- Ferret Racing and display area plus demonstrations with Avon Valley Ferrets
- Wildfowling with Chris Green – The Cornish Countryman
- Westcountry Smallholders Show – celebrate country living – handcrafted products, demonstrations, poultry and livestock, smallholder equipment
- Have-a-go activities including: Archery with Adrian Caddy; clay shooting, gundog scurries, National Target Sports Association – Air Rifle target shooting with trophies!
- Free activities in the countryside trail: Willow making; fly casting and fly tying; net making; bird box making; the hide build challenge and more
- Taste of Game Cookery Theatre in the Westcountry Food hall plus a great variety of food and drink to buy